Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Post Card Pals

British artist Anita Davies proposed her Post Card Pals project , and since I love her work so much, I immediately signed up. First I had to send her a post card. I thought maybe I should paint something that said Red Bluff, so I did a rodeo rider. RB is known throughout the US for its annual rodeo. Anyway, this is what I sent Anita:




This was my first attempt EVER of drawing a horse, much less painting one. However, I think it turned out fairly well. Not happy with the lettering though. Not well thought out.

Anita then sent me the lovely card below. See, she's good, huh. Thanks so much Anita!



So I will make a deal with any artist out there. If you would like to exchange post cards with me, let me know. I will gladly send a hand drawn or painting to anyone who sends me one. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan...I'm in!! Since Anita's challenge I've become mildly obsessed with these post cards! *L* Email me your address and I'll send you one!! deni...;)
denimay@email.com

Susan's Scribbles said...

Great! I'll e-mail you off list. Looking forward to it.
Susan