Thursday, February 7, 2008

Joan made my day!

Joan (Drawing on Nature) gave me an award yesterday - the YOU MAKE MY DAY AWARD. She said "she challenges herself creatively every day. I wanna be like her." Coming from Joan, that is a HUGE compliment. Thanks so much Joan. You have really made my day!

I'm new to this award thing but I imagine that I am now to hand out the award to those deserving! But how to narrow this down? My first thought would be Joan . . . but I probably can't give it right back. But her art work is absolutely stunning. If you haven't visited her site, you really should.
So the next person who comes to mind is Brenda who recently started a new blog called Menus from my heART as a way to combine her love of cooking and her art. Some tasty recipes and lovely paintings.
Another blog I love to visit is Robyn's Have Dogs, Will Travel where she shares details of her life in Italy (after moving from Australia) with her Hubby, dogs and her art work. Her stories are entertaining and her paintings lovely. And her photos of Italy are inspiring too.
I read Art Blog By Bob nearly everyday and truly enjoy his art history lessons. He has a wealth of information to share with us all.
Nel (Nel's Everyday Painting) also inspires me each day. Nel produces a painting each and everyday and is able to take the simplest things and makes the most lovely paintings (like her lovely garlic pictures).
And Felicity's gorgeous drawings on Sketches by Fiz are stunning! I am quite envious of her skills.
There really are so many others who are inspiring me on my daily art journey and I would like to thank them all for their encouragement, even if they were not mentioned above.

4 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Thank you, Susan! You are so sweet to think of me and my new baby blog. You have encouraged me to keep on keeping on!

Robyn Sinclair said...

Susan - I'm really touched by this honor and pleased because it's brought me over here to enjoy all your work and reminded me of how much I love Joan's blog as well. Thank you so much, when I have a moment I will visit the other blogs that make your day and try to pass on the pleasure to some others who make mine.

Joan Y said...

Thanks so much for the very, very kind words Susan! Congratulations because you really do make my day! :)
*hugs*

Bob said...

Hi, Susan,

Thanks for the kind words and for reading my blog. It's always great to know that people are enjoying my ramblings.

Thanks, again,

Bob