Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ocean Blues

I feel most alive at the ocean. . . which is kinda sad since I live near the top of the Sacramento valley - hours away from the ocean. But still, we try to get there as often as we can.


My crazy cousin Mona gave me this shell many years ago. Here mother, who died just a few months before I met my husband, had this and another shell that she felt were very special. Knowing how much I enjoy the ocean and all things related, Mona, with the blessing of her father, generously gave me these shells, which I treasure.

Of course, they aren't really blue. I need to become much bolder with my colors so I endeavored to just use color and not worry about the actual shades. I think I am happy with it. It is 4 x 6 and is painted with watercolor pencils. I added more pencil strokes back in to show the texture of the shell. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.